verquerawa Admin replied

293 weeks ago

The Steel Lady 720p

Show Spoiler

646f9e108c Cameron finds a tank buried in the Arabian desert during WWII, and proceeds to attack the Arabs with it.
Surviving a plane crash in the Sahara, four oilmen find and manage to repair a German Afrika Corps tank which had been buried in the sand since WWII. Heading toward a French Foreign Legion outpost, they encounter a nomadic Arab tribe who believe the oilmen have found the treasure of Calipha, a rival Arab leader. If trying to acquire the jewels by guile doesn't work, the Arabs are prepared to kill the oilmen to get the stolen treasure.
I found this movie for sale on ebay in DVD format. What I received seemed to be a very good VHS to DVD copy, with no title page or chapters. The movie itself was just like I remembered it from the early sixties. A plane owned by an oil company bellies in during a sandstorm in the North African desert and the pilot and passengers must find a way to survive.<br/><br/>I found it interesting to note how many similarities there were with the James Stewart movie, "Flight of the Phoenix." It made me wonder if the writer of "Phoenix" might have done a variation on a theme. Similarities included an oil company, a North African desert, an airplane bellying in because of a sandstorm, broken radio transmitter, a man with a drinking problem, rationed water, fixing a broken derelict for transportation and evil Bedouins.<br/><br/>All in all it was a pretty good yarn, but there were some hard to believe improbabilities. The idea that a sandstorm could bring down an airplane within a few hundred feet of a buried German tank in an areavastthe Sahara was a little hard to believe. It was also hard to believe that anyone would be able to disassemble and reassemble a tank engine without a fairly complete set of tools, surely it would take more than would be carried in a fairly small twin engine aircraft. It was also a bit difficult to accept that four men would fail to hear the sound of a DC-3 flying over at about 1000 feet in the middle of the night even if they were sleeping. It was also hard to swallow the British accent of one of the Bedouins.<br/><br/>The main plot is that of survival. Some of the subplots, suchJohn Dehner's drinking problem, get in the way of an otherwise good story. The tank they found was well away from the battles of North Africa because it had joined with a clan of bad guy Bedouins in a raid on another clan. During that raid a bag of jewels was stolen. The tank escaped into the desert and was buried by a sirocco. John Dehner finds the jewels while looking for a place to hide his booze but keeps it a secret. Our heroes drive the tank straight to raiding bad guys camp at an oasis (another improbability). Our heroes escape the Bedouin camp and head for a French fort battling the bad guys all the way. Sort of a variation on the 'stagecoach in the desert' western movie theme.<br/><br/>I found the movie to be overall entertaining despite its flaws. Maybe because I remember the movie so fondly from my youth, or maybe because it is pretty good B movie.
If,a boy, you came across thisa random showing on local TV, it stayed with you. There's something about the desert setting; the discovery of treasure; and the bonding of protagonists sharing a common urgency against a defined enemy, that stays with you. I remember watching with my older brother. I'm 65 at this entry. Older brother is dead now. But when I think of this modestly budgeted movie (which I've only seen twice), I remember it fondly for it's adventurous setting and my brother explaining things about the tank and it's machine gun.<br/><br/>Today, it might be easy to dismiss this filma low-budget time-filler. But don't. Watch it. It will bring about a sense of comforting simplicity. You'll want to be inside that old Afrika Corps tank. You'll want to be with the cast. You'll want to help them make decisions to help save their lives. Keep watching and let your imagination drift inside that old tank. Join them … and vanish into 1953, when we believed and trusted our government.

Garfield and His Nine Lives in hindi free downloadHard Cash movie download hdThe Don Is Dead movie in tamil dubbed downloadSuper 4 malayalam movie downloadKill the Newcomers sub downloadEpisode 2.22 full movie in hindi 720p downloadDownload Northwest full movie in hindi dubbed in Mp4Battle of Armageddon full movie hd 1080p downloadStar Slammer in hindi download free in torrentSoldiers of the Damned full movie hd 1080p

last edited 215 weeks ago by verquerawa
Please log in to post a reply.